Whale Watch + K'gari Explorer Day Tour package
- Duration: 36 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Hervey Bay, QLD
For your convenience, we arrange it all so you don't have to!
No additional cost as if you were to book the two tours individually. In fact, you even get a $10 credit* aboard Whalesong when making the booking...that's how keen we are to show off our beautiful region and to help you make the most of your time on the Fraser Coast.
Here's what the package includes....
K'gari Explorer tour:
Experience the diversity of Kgari’s flora and fauna as you drive on sand tracks through bush scrub with Scribbly Gums and Eucalypts to ancient rainforests filled with Satinays, ferns and Hoop Pine. Visit Central Station and walk along the boardwalk beside Wanggoolba Creek, known as the invisible creek for its crystal-clear waters.
Stop at Lake McKenzie with its dazzling white sands and clear blue waters. There’s plenty of time for a refreshing swim and photography before moving on to the famous 75 mile beach.
See the coloured sands and the Maheno Shipwreck on the beach. Then there’s one last stop for a swim at Eli Creek, the largest freshwater creek on the Eastern beach before heading home.
Your K'gari Explorer Day tour takes you to some of the top spots on Fraser Island and includes:
· Lake McKenzie
· Central Station
· Wanggoolba Creek
· Seventy-Five Mile Beach
· The Pinnacles Coloured Sands & Maheno Shipwreck
· Eli Creek
· Eurong Beach Resort stop over where you can relax and enjoy lunch
· Includes Courtesy pick up and return to Hervey Bay accommodation. K'gari Tours only pick up from main accommodation providers in Hervey Bay.
· Transfers to K'gari and National Park fees. Itinerary can change due to tides & weather conditions
· 40 guest maximum usually
Please Note: Children aged 1 -7 years require YOU to supply a car seat or capsule. Children under 1, aren't allowed on this tour.
WHAT TO BRING: Day Pack - your camera (charged batteries), swimsuit, towel, comfortable walking shoes, sunscreen, hat, dress for the day so a jacket if you feel the cold, sunglasses, water bottle, purchases can be made on your barge transfer & at Eurong Beach Resort.
Whalesong Whale Watching cruise:
Whale watching with Whalesong Cruises in Hervey Bay will leave you with cherished memories to last a lifetime.
An ultimate bucket list experience is to watch breaching, pec/tail slapping, spy-hopping, majestic Humpback whales in their natural environment; sometimes so close to the boat you could almost touch them. This experience in Hervey Bay's calm waters is like no other and on board Whalesong, you can relax and enjoy the entire experience whilst the friendly, experienced and COVID-19 safety trained crew look after you and your friends and family's needs.
Choose between our Extended Morning (5 hour cruise) or our Afternoon + Sunset (4 - 4.5 hour cruise) Whale Watching experiences. There's no better cruise than the other nor best time of day for watching whales - they are wild animals and will behave on their terms. You pick the time of day that best suits your plans. Also, there's no need to worry about what to eat; Whalesong Cruises is the only half day Whale Watch boat tour in Hervey Bay to include meals, representing excellent value for money.
In addition to an incredible experience observing humpback whales in their natural environment, you'll enjoy a real time commentary about all local marine mammals (humpback whales, dolphins, dugongs, sharks, turtles and bird life) as well as some local history of K'gari (Fraser Island) and the traditional land owners, the Butchulla people. With our multilingual crew, this live commentary can all be translated directly to you in French, German, Italian, Portugese or Spanish.
Above all, the entire Whalesong team is dedicated to exceptional customer service, so all you need to do is relax and enjoy the authentic, memorable, bucket-list experience unfolding in front of your eyes.
Choose between our Extended Morning (5 hour cruise) or our Afternoon + Sunset (4 hour cruise). In addition, there's no need to worry about what to eat; Whalesong Cruises is the only half day Whale Watch boat tour in Hervey Bay to include meals. Whether you choose the morning or the afternoon cruise, the crew at Whalesong give you the best Whale Watch experience possible. You'll be treated to part of your cruise with no other boats around.
Both our cruises include:
- Local knowledge and expert fauna commentary with an emphasis on whales
- Multi level viewing throughout the entire vessel, including water level
- Hydrophone to listen to the whales 'sing'
- Free WiFi onboard
- Low passenger numbers (only carry max. 65% of actual capacity)
- Extra wide decks provide many excellent viewing and comfortable seating options
- Complimentary filtered water, loose leaf tea, herbal tea, coffee and milo available all cruise
- Delicious morning tea AND buffet lunch on morning cruise; afternoon tea AND buffet dinner on afternoon cruise. Special dietary requirements catered for on request and with reasonable notice.
- Fully licensed and well stocked bar
- Snacks, souvenirs and merchandise available for purchase
- Wheelchair ramps and accessible toilet
- Courtesy bus transfers from Hervey Bay accommodations
WHAT TO BRING: your camera (charged batteries), comfortable flat shoes, sunscreen, hat, dress for the day so a jacket if you feel the cold, sunglasses, water bottle, purchases can be made at our fully licensed Bar.
Whalesong's Extended Morning Cruise... (8am-1pm)
July 16th to October 9th, 2022
...will get you out on the Bay & interacting with the whales before the other boats, but still back in time to be able to make use of your afternoon if you want to. Of all the morning half-day cruises, ours spends the longest on the whales.
5 hour cruise includes:
- Morning Tea (fruit platter and cakes)
- Buffet Lunch (cold roasted chicken, ham, three freshly made salads and fresh bread)
Whalesong's Afternoon + Sunset Cruise... (2pm-6pm)
July 19th to October 2nd, 2022
...is great if you want to optimise your time in Hervey Bay as it enables you to fit in a whale watch cruise on the same day you arrive as we're the latest full-service boat to leave in the afternoon. After the afternoon of whale watching, we enjoy a cruise back taking in a stunning sunset Hervey Bay is known for whilst enjoying a delicious dinner.
4 hour cruise includes:
- Afternoon Tea (cheeses, sliced meats and crackers)
- Buffet dinner (cold roasted chicken, ham, three freshly made salads and fresh bread + hot soup, if weather conditions allow)
Whichever cruise you choose, you'll be pleased you chose Whalesong. With our commitment to the environment and sustainable practices, you can feel comfortable knowing your experience is not at the expense of the environment these incredible creatures live in.
Thanks for stopping by!
Team Whalesong Cruises