Whale Watch + K'gari Exclusive Tour package
- Duration: 36 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Hervey Bay, QLD
For your convenience, we arrange it all so you don't have to!
No additional cost as if you were to book the two tours individually. In fact, you even get a free drink aboard Whalesong when making the booking...that's how keen we are to show off our beautiful region and to help you make the most of your time on the Fraser Coast.
Here's what the package includes....
Exclusive K'gari tour:
The 1 day K'Gari Exclusive tour promises exclusivity and style for the discerning traveller. No other company offers the exclusiveness of such a small group – maximum of 4 guests per tour – providing personalised service from our experienced and friendly guides. Our fleet of current model air conditioned Landrover Discovery are perfect for Fraser Island’s unique off-road touring environment.
Large panoramic windows, complete air bar suspension provide great levels of visibility and comfort off road.
Experience the diversity of Fraser’s flora and fauna as you travel through bush scrub with Scribbly Gums and Eucalypts to rainforests filled with Satinays, ancient ferns and Hoop Pine. Visit Central Station and walk along the boardwalk beside Wanggoolba Creek, known as the invisible creek for its crystal clear waters.
Stop at Lake McKenzie with its dazzling white sands and clear blue waters. There’s plenty of time for a refreshing swim and photography before moving on to the famous 75 mile beach.
See the coloured sands and the Maheno Shipwreck on the beach. Then there’s one last stop for a swim at Eli Creek, the largest freshwater creek on the Eastern beach before heading home.
· Courtesy pick up and drop off from Hervey Bay accommodation
· National Park fees and transfers
· Air conditioned Landrover Discovery tour vehicles
· Guaranteed small group size – maximum 4 guests!
· Friendly and experienced guides
· Visit ancient rainforests and freshwater creeks
· Visit Lake McKenzie
· Plenty of time for swimming and photography
· Freshly prepared catering including morning and afternoon tea with picnic hampers for lunch
· Special afternoon tea including champagne, strawberries and chocolates
· All beverages including beer, wine, champagne, (alcohol available only at specific times on tour) soft drink, juice, bottled water Tea & Coffee.
· Guests need to provide their own child seats for children under the age of 7 years or as require.
WHAT TO BRING: Day Pack - your camera (charged batteries), swimsuit, towel, comfortable walking shoes, sunscreen, hat, dress for the day so a jacket if you feel the cold, sunglasses, water bottle, purchases can be made on your barge transfer.
Whalesong Whale Watching cruise:
Whether you choose the morning or the afternoon cruise, the crew at Whalesong give you the best Whale Watch experience possible. You'll be treated to part of your cruise with no other boats around and both our cruises include:
· Local knowledge and expert fauna commentary with an emphasis on whales
· Water level viewing area
· Low passenger numbers
· Extra wide decks provide excellent viewing and seating for our guests
· Delicious and nutritious food* (see below for cruise specific food)
· Complimentary filtered drinking water, pot tea, herbal tea, coffee and milo
· Vegetarians & Special Dietary requirements catered for on request and with reasonable notice
· Fully licensed and well stocked bar
· Snacks and Souvenirs available for purchase
· Kids activity sheets and toddler toys
· Wheelchair accessible ramps, decks and toilet
· Courtesy bus pick up in Hervey Bay
· Bonus*- complimentary drink aboard Whalesong, for each person in the package booking
WHAT TO BRING: your camera (charged batteries), comfortable flat shoes, sunscreen, hat, dress for the day so a jacket if you feel the cold, sunglasses, water bottle. Juice, soft drink and alcohol purchases can be made at our fully licenced bar on board.
Whalesong's Extended Morning Cruise...
July 15th to October 8th
...will get you out on the Bay & interacting with the whales before the other boats, but still back in time to be able to make use of your afternoon if you want to. Of all the morning cruises, ours spends the longest on the whales.
5 hour cruise includes:
- Morning Tea (fruit platter and cakes)
- Buffet Lunch (cold roasted chicken, ham, 3 x fresh salads and fresh bread)
Whalesong's Afternoon + Sunset Cruise...
July 22nd to October 8th
...is great if you want to optimize your time in Hervey Bay as it enables you to fit in a whale watch cruise on the same day you arrive as we're the latest full-service boat to leave in the afternoon. After the afternoon of whale watching, we enjoy a cruise back taking in a stunning sunset Hervey Bay is known for. Sounds good, right!?
4 hour cruise includes:
- Afternoon Tea (cheeses, sliced meats and crackers)
- Buffet Dinner (cold roasted chicken, ham, 3 x fresh salads and fresh bread)
Whichever cruise you choose, you'll be pleased you chose Whalesong. With our commitment to the environment and sustainable practices, you can feel comfortable knowing your experience is not at the expense of the environment these incredible creatures live in.