Hervey Bay Whale Search and Dolphin Watch
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Hervey Bay, QLD
Prior to Guaranteed Humpback Whale Watching season (from July 16th to mid-October) in Hervey Bay, Whalesong gets you out on the water to be some of the first to find them. Whalesong is the only boat that offers a pre-season whale search cruise. Perfect for keeping the kids entertained in the school holidays (they usually enjoy the dolphins more than the whales anyhow, ha ha!). We get you out on the Bay and searching for the whales in the morning, so you're still back in time to be able to make use of your afternoon. As you will enjoy a fresh buffet lunch whilst cruising back to the marina, all you need to do is step off the boat and carry on with you day...no need to waste time looking for (and then eating) lunch after the cruise.
As Whale and Dolphin Watching Specialists, the sheltered waters between World Heritage listed Fraser Island and the mainland provides the best place in Australia to experience a Humpback Whale, or Dolphin close encounter like no other. Dolphins love to ride the wave made by our bulbous bow and the majestic humpback whales love to come interact with the guests on our boat....so close you could almost touch them!
Enjoy 5 glorious hours on the pristine waters between K'gari (Fraser Island) and Hervey Bay searching for the majestic Humpback Whale, in comfort on the new and modern environmentally friendly MV Whalesong. With enclosed and open air viewing on two levels, a water level viewing area and extra wide, walk around decks, the boat provides the ultimate in extra viewing and seating space. All guests have excellent vantage points for viewing a wide variety of wildlife or to just sit back and enjoy the ride.
The Humpback Whales don't use a calendar so let Whalesong Cruises provide you with the chance to be some of the first guests on the Fraser Coast to see these beautiful creatures. Wildlife guaranteed. As well as our resident bottlenose dolphins, you can also see marine animals as sting rays, eagle rays, turtles, fish, bird life and occasionally the endangered Dugong (sea cow). Whilst we’ll also be looking for the Humpback Whales, Whalesong doesn't offer guaranteed sightings until July 16th, 2022 onwards.
In addition to an incredible experience observing a variety of wildlife in their natural environment, you'll enjoy a real time commentary about them all (humpback whales, dolphins, dugongs, sharks, turtles and bird life) as well as some local history of K'gari (Fraser Island) and the traditional land owners, the Butchulla people. Moreover, with our multilingual crew, this live commentary can all be translated directly to you in French, German, Italian or Spanish. Above all, the entire Whalesong team is dedicated to exceptional customer service, so all you need to do is relax and enjoy. And because M.V. Whalesong is environmentally friendly, with a low carbon impact, you can be rest assured that your experience with us, isn't at the cost of the environment we work and play in.
There's no need to worry about what to eat; Whalesong Cruises is the only half day boat tour in Hervey Bay to include meals.
- 5-6 hour cruise: departs 8am and returns between 1pm and 2pm
- Local knowledge and expert fauna commentary with an emphasis on whales
- Multilingual crew to give direct translation in French, German, Spanish and Italian - if preferred
- Multi level viewing throughout the entire vessel
- Hydrophone to listen to the whales 'sing'
- Free WiFi onboard
- Low passenger numbers (only carry max. 65% of actual capacity)
- Extra wide decks provide many excellent viewing and comfortable seating options
- Complimentary filtered water, loose leaf tea, herbal tea, coffee and milo available all cruise
- Delicious morning tea AND buffet lunch. Special dietary requirements catered for on request and with reasonable notice.
- Fully licensed and well stocked bar
- Snacks, souvenirs and merchandise available for purchase
- Kids activity sheets
- Wheelchair ramps and accessible toilet
- Courtesy bus pick up in Hervey Bay